Cold Weather Safety TipsJanuary 22nd, 2013 at 8:39 pm by Adam Strzempko under Weather
Here are some safety tips for dealing with the extreme cold that will be with us this week.
1. Dress in layers, cover all exposed skin and keep dry. Wear a hat and gloves/mittens. Be especially cautious of frostbite and hypothermia.
2. It is recommended to keep indoor temperatures at or above 55 degrees.
3. Check your automobile for proper fuel, antifreeze, windshield wiper fluid and oil levels. Check your car battery as well.
4. Be especially cautious of fire places and any indoor heating device for the potential of carbon monoxide poisoning. Never use a generator inside your home.
5. Be sure to bring pets indoors
More winter weather tips are available at: http://www.Ready.Gov/winter-weather